Note: This entry is dedicated to someone who shall not be named, who keeps on bugging me to blog before I am able to recycle the previous entry on the next Chinese New Year…
What is love?
The first paragraph of the Wikipedia entry says the following:
Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure (“I loved that meal”) to intense interpersonal attraction (“I love my boyfriend”). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.
As mentioned in the quote, love is a very difficult thing to describe, and it can mean many different things. But I know a couple of things that I love in my life now.
- I love aviation and flying. That is why I decided to make the career switch to flying as soon as I was eligible to. I never regretted that decision, although my pay now is less than a third of what I earned in my previous job and the training isn’t exactly easy. At least, I get to learn the things that I’ve always been interested in. And that brings me to the second love, which is…
- I love my job. Enough said above.
- I love my family. For their support in what I am doing now, although initially my parents and my grandma have some reservations about my decision to take up flying.
- I love my friends, especially those close friends who are always there for me when I need them.
- I love Plurk, Facebook, and Windows Live Messenger. Though I’m not as active as I was before on Plurk, I still check Plurk and Facebook from time to time either to see what the others are doing, or to update others about my life. In the confines of the dormitory for cadet pilots, WLM is the best way to communicate with outside friends.
There you have it, some loves of my life at the moment. What do you love now?
PS: After months of not blogging, my English is now very rusty and I don’t get that feel that I got when I blog. Heh, I don’t know if this will improve over time, but I’ll try anyway.
PPS: Not sure if I should put the last one in the list. Heh, if you know, you know, if you don’t, then you don’t. 😉